JOB POSTING: SUBSTITUTE PRESCHOOL TEACHER
Children’s Community Center (CCC) is a parent-teacher cooperative preschool located in North Berkeley. Operating since 1927, CCC offers a year-round, play-based program run by a professional teaching staff and managed by parent volunteers. CCC thrives on a mutually supportive community of teachers and families working in partnership with one another. Please visit www.cccpreschool.org for more information about our program and history.
CCC is looking for energetic, creative substitute teachers to join our year-round team.
- Supervise and engage children during morning and afternoon programs in child-initiated and organized activities, encouraging peer interaction and helping with problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Assist Teacher-Director with the day’s projects and facilitate activities that support children’s spontaneity, curiosity, and choice.
- Collaborate with staff and parents to support a well-balanced, rich, and varied learning environment for children as they grow their capacity for self-expression and social connection through exploration and play.
- Applicants must have a minimum 6 ECE units plus 2 in progress to be considered.
- Experience working with preschool children is necessary.
- Current background check and health clearances required upon hire.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Shifts between 8:45 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Substitute teacher rate starts at $21.84 per hour based on qualifications.
Please send resume, cover letter, and materials to:
CCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Facility License # 010200115